- Must be an F-1 international student seeking a degree full-time at the University of South Carolina Columbia
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above
- Must not currently be receiving financial assistance from other sources, i.e. graduate assistantships, sponsors, or athletic scholarship
- Has been enrolled at the University of South Carolina for at least two semesters
- Must demonstrate academic excellence, community engagement, and demonstrated leadership ability
- No student conduct violations
- Must be graduating at least 1 to 2 semesters in the future
- Scholarship Application
- Official Transcript from the most recent semester of enrollment
- 500-word maximum personal statement indicating your academic excellence, community engagement, leadership ability, and why you are applying for the scholarship
- One academic or professional letter of recommendation
- Full applications must be submitted by May 15, 2021 to be considered.
Information about scholarship:
- The International Student Excellence Scholarship is $500/academic year, broken down into $250/semester.
- In addition to the $500 per academic year, the International Student Excellence Scholarship may reduce your tuition substantially.
- Two scholarships will be awarded each year.
- Students must apply for the scholarship each year. Obtaining the scholarship one year does not guarantee or imply that the student will be awarded the scholarship the following year.
- Students are eligible to apply for the scholarship every year; being awarded a scholarship in the past does not preclude a student from being awarded the scholarship in future years.
How to Apply:
Information for the 2022 - 2023 school year will be released in early 2023.
International Student Excellence Scholarship Awardees:
Graduate: Asma Alzahrani
Undergraduate: Laisa Antunes Machado