If your OPT application is still pending and you have not received an approval:
If you have submitted your application to USCIS but have not yet received approval, you may contact the Service Center listed on your I-797 Receipt Notice directly to request withdrawal of your application.
To withdraw your application, send a letter to the correct Service Center which is listed on your I-797. Including a copy of your I-797 is also helpful. Here is a sample letter that you may use.
Once you have made this request it will not be possible to change your mind again, though if eligible, you can submit a new application in the future.
If you have already been approved:
If you have already received your EAD, submit a letter along with your EAD to the correct Service Center which is listed on your I-797. Here is a sample letter that you may use.
- It is unlikely that you will receive any response from USCIS.
- Be sure to keep copies of all documents (including your letter) for your records.
- You will need to include this letter if you apply for OPT again in the future.
- There is no guarantee that USCIS will accept your cancellation.
- USCIS may NOT notify you if they do accept cancellation.
- You will not receive a refund.