Access a free professional development course.
Whether you work on-campus or off, you can participate in the Student Employment Leadership Program. The 8-module, self-paced online course offers discussions and activities related to decision-making and conflict analysis, data processing, self-assessment and reflection, and marketing experiences. It's beneficial training that'll enhance your resume and appeal to current or future employers.
If you'd like to participate, visit Garnet Gate to get started.
Take a break with your boss — on us.
Our Take a Break with your Boss program helps foster strong professional relationships between students and their supervisors.
Supervisors or student employees can take advantage of this program and request a voucher for lunch at an on-campus dining venue. It's the perfect time to get insight about your workplace skills development, just talk to each other in a comfortable setting, and enjoy a great lunch. We recommend Gibbes Court Bistro, Bates Diner, Grand Market Place or Honeycomb Café for great food and a location that's conducive to a professional conversation. Please note that your two meals should not exceed $18.00 collectively.
Scheduling your Lunch
- Invite your supervisor or student employee to lunch and select a date (or a couple of options).
- If your supervisor or student employee gave you options, confirm the one that works for both of you.
- On your way to lunch, visit our office in Suite 227 at the Russell House to get your lunch
voucher. You must be accompanied by a faculty or staff member who has a current UofSC
ID to receive the voucher. Your lunch voucher will be good for two weeks.
During and After your Lunch
- When you and your supervisor go to lunch, present the ticket to the cashier. You must be accompanied by a faculty or staff member who has a current USC ID.
- Ask the cashier to print a duplicate receipt. Take the receipt from the cashier and attach it to the voucher.
- Return your receipt to the Leadership and Service Center.