Personnel Organization and Supervision
Introduction into recruitment, selection, utilization, and development of human resources; the role of supervisors in management; and personnel administration.
Download the course syllabus for full details about expectations, readings, assignments and more.
The measurable learning outcomes used to determine the degree to which these goals are being met follow.
By the completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Describe trends in the labor market and how they affect human resource management in specific regards to employee benefits.
- Analyze employment laws and how they relate to the employee/employer relationship as well as the necessity of a diverse workforce.
- Assess the elements of job analysis as pertain to recruitment and selection process.
- Identify the methods organizations use for employee development and effective training program.
- Describe how organizations design pay structure based on employee performance evaluation and labor market data.
- Define unions and their role in organizations regarding collective bargaining agreements