Winter Session Dates: Dec. 28, 2020 - Jan. 17, 2021
Courses Previously Offered
- ECON 224 Introduction to Economics
- BIOL 110 General Biology
- HRTM 110 Introduction to Hospitality Industry
- HRTM 260 Hotel Management
- HRTM 344 Personnel Organization and Supervision
- MGSC 290 Computer Information Systems in Business
- MUSC 110 Introduction to Music
- MUSC 210 Understanding the Psychology of Music
- RETL 242 HRSM Professional Communications
- RETL 250 Sustainability in Fashion and Retail
- RETL 261 Principles of Accounting I
- RETL 265 Principles of Retailing
- SLIS 202 Introduction to Information Literacy & Technology
- SPTE 110 Sports and Entertainment in American Life
- SPTE 202 Introduction to Live Entertainment Management
- SPTE 320 Sport and the Law
Registering for Winter Session
Earn three credit hours during winter break with one of our accelerated online courses. Registration for winter session will open in the fall at the same time as spring courses, and can be completed at the same time as registration for spring courses. No special requests or forms are required for Winter Session registration.
Something missing? Click here to request a course that is not currently scheduled to be offered for Winter Session
When it's time to register:
1. Go to my.sc.edu.
2. View Spring 2020 classes.
3. Choose advanced search.
4. Select Part of Term “Columbia Winter Session.”
Winter Classes Can Be Taken Off-Campus
All winter break courses are 100% online. You can take them anywhere you have an internet connection.
Tips For Winter Session Success
Read our guide, "15 Tips For Success" to get the most from your three-week online winter courses.
I like that I can receive credit for a class while I have free time. It makes my winter break feel more productive and helped me maintain credit hour requirements for my scholarships.
Winter Session 2019 student