Winter Session Dates: Dec. 30, 2019 - Jan. 19, 2020
2019 Winter Session Quick Facts
The last winter session occurred over a three week period: January 2-20, 2019.
- 457 students enrolled
- 14 accelerated online courses were offered
- Over 84% of students felt satisfied or highly satisfied with their session
- Read more about the success of Winter Session [pdf]
Our next Winter Session schedule includes the following courses:
- ECON 224 (Introduction to Economics)
- BIOL 110 (General Biology)
- HRTM 110 (Introduction to Hospitality Industry)
- HRTM 260 (Hotel Management)
- HRTM 344 (Personnel Organization and Supervision)
- MGSC 290 (Computer Information Systems in Business)
- MUSC 210 (Understanding the Psychology of Music)
- RETL 242 (HRSM Professional Communications)
- RETL 250 (Sustainability in Fashion and Retail)
- RETL 261 (Principles of Accounting I)
- RETL 265 (Principles of Retailing)
- SLIS 202 (Introduction to Information Literacy and Technology)
- SPTE 110 (Sports and Entertainment in American Life)
- SPTE 202 (Introduction to Live Entertainment Management)
- SPTE 320 (Sport and the Law)
Registering for Winter Session
Earn three credit hours during winter break with one of our accelerated online courses. Registration for winter session will open in the fall at the same time as spring courses.
When it's time to register:
1. Go to my.sc.edu.
2. View Spring 2020 classes.
3. Choose advanced search.
4. Select Part of Term “Columbia Winter Session.”
Winter Classes Can Be Taken Off-Campus
All winter break courses are 100% online. You can take them anywhere you have an internet connection.
Tips For Winter Session Success
Read our guide, "15 Tips For Success" to get the most from your three-week online winter courses.
I like that I can receive credit for a class while I have free time. It makes my winter break feel more productive and helped me maintain credit hour requirements for my scholarships.
Winter Session 2019 student