HRSM Professional Communications
In the course, students will explore the theory and processes in business and professional communications by analyzing the principles of business communication, learning how to communicate effectively with diverse persons, businesses and organizations globally, composing effective communications, such as emails, meeting agendas and minutes, and resumes and cover letters, delivering both oral and written presentations, using social media most effectively, and learning the latest technology available to help them complete these tasks.
Download the course syllabus for full details about expectations, readings, assignments and more.
- Summarize, interpret and analyze the principles of business and professional communication;,
- Develop and compose effective business correspondence, including routine messages, persuasive messages, bad-news messages, social media messages, and reports;
- Develop and compose an effective cover letter and resume;
- Design, deliver, and assess compelling presentations with the assistance of technology; and
- Demonstrate professional behavior and teamwork through discussion board posts as well as through eﬀective communication, attitudes and skills necessary to function as team members and leaders.