Introduction to Event and Venue Management
This course will introduce students to the important and related segments of the
sport and entertainment industry. The material will cover the types of events and
venues, the principles of event planning and management, and the role of venues in society. This course is open to majors and non-majors.
Download the course syllabus for full details about expectations, readings, assignments and more.
- List the key principle activities of event planning and management and explain the importance of each.
- Describe the role of venues in the sport, entertainment and events industry.
- Explain the interrelatedness of events and venues.
- Recognize the importance of safety, crowd and risk management for event and venue managers.
- Recognize the relationship between topics studied in modules and examples observed in current sport and entertainment events.