How to Apply
- Nondegree students can learn more about undergraduate level admission here.
- To apply for undergraduate admission to the University, set up an account first.
- Nondegree students should keep in mind that they are not eligible for financial aid.
- Once accepted, these students will receive an acceptance email from Undergraduate Admissions with a detailed to-do list and an assigned VIP ID. An acceptance letter will also come by USPS mail.
- On their list, they will be instructed on how to complete their proof of state residency,
citizenship verification, and immunization paperwork. They will also be instructed
on how to access Self Service Carolina, how to set up their email account, and how
to complete multifactor authentication. If they need assistance with these processes,
students can reach out to these offices:
Citizenship verification and proof of state residency, (803) 777-5555
Multifactor authentication and email set-up, (803) 777-1800
Student Health Services
Immunization completion, (803) 777-3175
Application status updates, (803) 777-7700
- Before registering for classes, non-degree students will need to call the Office of On Your Time Initiatives at (803) 777-9850 for advisement. They can have this advisement hold removed by phone. The advisor will check for other holds (citizenship, immunization, etc) and ensure that the student is working on getting these removed. Nondegree students can find out more about advisement at http://onyourtime.sc.edu.
- After advisement and all holds are removed, the student can register for his or her class and pay tuition and fees in Self Service Carolina. Any questions about tuition and fees can be directed to the Bursar’s office at (803) 777-4233.
- May 1st for summer admission
- July 1st for fall admission
- November 1st for spring admission
Registering for Classes
Log in to my.sc.edu to register. You'll need your VIP ID and password.
Use our online Class Finder to find courses that fit your schedule. For courses specifically on weekends or in the evening, be sure to select that session in the search field.
Auditing a Class
You can ask to audit a course, where you attend classes without receiving a grade or completing any assignments or exams.
Complete the Audit Form
Fill out the audit form and return to:
Office of the University Registrar
1244 Blossom St.
Columbia, SC 29208
Asking For An Override
Only the professor and department offering the course can offer an override for you to join a closed course or courses requiring special permission.
If you need help contacting the department for your course, please let us know.
The On Your Time office advises nondegree students.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 777-9850 with your VIP ID to have an advising hold removed. These holds must be removed before you can register for classes.