At Orientation You Will:
- Connect virtually with UofSC faculty and staff and get to know some of your peers
- Learn about living at the University of South Carolina
- Get acquainted with our campus policies and procedures
- Be equipped with a list of resources to help you succeed
- Learn about your academic program's curriculum and degree requirements
- Attend a virtual academic advising session and register for classes
What You Should Know
There are six components of New Student Orientation. They are:
- Register for and attend your virtual Day of Orientation (Registration opens May 18 at 12 p.m.) .
- Complete the online Pre-Orientation Advising Modules and Worksheet.
- Watch the online Going Garnet 101 Modules (Opens early June).
- Connect with Orientation Leaders and the Class of 2024 on Cocky’s Coop: the New Student Orientation online network (Open early June).
- Attend a Virtual Resource Fair.
- Participate in Orientation programming as a part of Carolina Welcome in the Fall.
Your Day of Orientation will be a day-long virtual program during the following times based on your time zone:
- EDT: 9:00am-6:30pm
- CDT: 8:00am-5:30pm
- MDT: 8:00am-5:30pm
- PDT: 7:00am-4:30pm
Advising and Registration
Make sure to complete you advising worksheet. Students will meet virtually with an advisor that corresponds with their major during their Day of Orientation to help them plan their class schedule and register for classes.
Parents and guests are encouraged to help their student review degree requirements prior to their Day of Orientation; however, only students attend advising sessions during orientation.