For Freshmen and Transfer Students
Any student starting at the University of South Carolina during the summer semester is included in this session.
At Orientation You Will:
- Connect virtually with UofSC faculty and staff and get to know some of your peers
- Learn about living at the University of South Carolina
- Get acquainted with our campus policies and procedures
- Be equipped with a list of resources to help you succeed
- Learn about your academic program's curriculum and degree requirements
- Attend a virtual academic advising session and register for classes
What You Should Know
Your virtual Orientation experience is comprised of four components. Together, these four components will provide you with an opportunity to meet many of your peers along with University faculty and staff. You will also learn more about the University, our history, and the wide array of campus resources available. Your journey at UofSC will encourage you to grow and reach your goals!
The four components of New Student Orientation are:
- Register for and attend your New Student Orientation.Visit sc.edu/orientation, select “Find My Orientation” and follow the instructions provided. Upon accessing the registration system, you will be able to select your session. The dates shown to you will be based on availability, your college, and/or any programs you may be participating in.
- Complete the online Pre-Orientation Advising Worksheet. The Pre-Orientation Advising worksheet will prepare you for academic advising during your virtual Day of Orientation. You MUST complete this worksheet before attending your Day of Orientation. Please log onto your Orientation Portal for more details.
- View your Orientation Modules. You will have online modules that need to be watched prior to your Orientation date. Please log onto your Orientation Portal for further details.
- Attend a Virtual Resource Fair. These virtual resource fairs are designed to connect you with campus resources and offices. This a great time to ask questions! Further information will be sent to your student email in early June.
Virtual Orientation will be one-day, consisting of fully synchronous virtual Orientation programming. You should plan to be available from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST. These sessions will be hosted using online platforms such as Blackboard Collaborate, Microsoft Teams, and/or Zoom. An email with all the appropriate links and technology requirements will be sent to you closer to your session.
Please note: For students beginning in Summer 2021, there will be no in-person Orientation option.