For Freshmen and Transfer Students
Any student starting at the University of South Carolina during the summer semester is included in this session.
At Orientation You Will:
- Connect virtually with UofSC faculty and staff and get to know some of your peers
- Learn about living at the University of South Carolina
- Get acquainted with our campus policies and procedures
- Be equipped with a list of resources to help you succeed
- Learn about your academic program's curriculum and degree requirements
- Attend a virtual academic advising session and register for classes
What You Should Know
For any student starting at the University of South Carolina during the summer semester, your New Student Orientation experience is comprised of two steps:
- Step 1: Register for your Summer Courses. As early as Wednesday, April 29 an academic advisor will contact you to schedule a time to meet virtually and discuss your summer semester courses only.
- Step 2: Register for your virtual New Student Orientation experience and for your Fall semester courses. Beginning on May 18, you will be able to register for your virtual Orientation experience. Upon registering for your virtual Orientation experience, you will receive further information about advisement and registration for your Fall semester courses.
Please check your student email account for further information.