Partner requests are open!
The deadline for partner requests is April 1, 2019. After this date, we cannot guarantee you will be featured in the Garnet Guide. Please fill out the Campus Partner Request Form to become a partner.
Gamecock Level (Varies)
Partners can have the option of choosing and of the package add-ons. Please see “Package Add-Ons” section below.
Spur Level ($700)
- Full-page, full-color layout in Garnet Guide, distributed to all new students and parents
- Table at the Resource Fair during each Summer Orientation session: May - August
- Personalized PowerPoint slide shown prior to opening session during all Orientation programs
Cocky Level ($1,750)
All benefits of the Spur Level, plus:
- Increase to a one and a half page, full-color layout in the Garnet Guide, distributed to all new students and parents
- Promotional opportunity on our website identifying your department/organization's name as a partner
- Department/Organization logo on all Orientation program schedules for students and guests
Carolina Level ($3,300)
All the benefits of the Cocky Level, plus:
- Increase to double-page, full-color layout in the Garnet Guide, distributed to all new students and parents
- Unique promotional opportunity (first come, first serve availability) for student or parent/guest bags, pens, or your own item
- Promotional opportunity on our website identifying your department/organization's name as a partner, using name and logo
- Your logo on the back cover of the Garnet Guide to recognize partnership
Partners have the option of choosing any of the following add-on options. While these are not required, we have found many partners enjoy these additional marketing opportunities:
- Additional Garnet Guide Pages
- Half Page: $300
- Full Page: $550
- Two Page: $1050
- Additional PowerPoint Slides:
- One Slide: $200
- Two Slides: $300
- Three Slides: $400
Additionally, if you would like to have your PowerPoint slides or Garnet Guide spreads designed by our office, we are now offering this service for a “Design Fee”. This fee will be incurred upon request and may increase depending on the intricacy or demands of the design. Please note that requesting any changes or edits from previous Garnet Guide spreads and slides will result in a fee. Unless otherwise requested, all partners are responsible for producing their own spreads and PowerPoint slides according to our guidelines.
- Garnet Guide Design Fee
- Half Page: $100
- Full Page: $150
- Two Page: $300
- PowerPoint Slide Design Fee
- $50 fee per slide
Various advertising options are available, depending on your partnership type and budget. The Orientation Resource Fair and the Garnet Guide are two of the best opportunities to get your message to our students and their families.
The Garnet Guide serves as the newcomer’s roadmap for their first year of college. Students and families alike utilize the Garnet Guide throughout Orientation and their college career to navigate campus and connect with the Columbia community. This guide is distributed to every new student and family member that attends Orientation as well as several campus partners.
Given to 8500+ students, 6000+ family members, 80+ campus members, 50+ student leaders
Orientation Resource Fair
The Resource Fair occurs during every Orientation session. This is a great way to interact directly with new students and families. Through one-on-one interactions, conversations, and a casual atmosphere, the Resource Fair provides you with opportunities to share your business directly with our guests.
Potential of 450+students and 400+ family members per day (during freshman sessions)
Welcome Slides are shown prior to every Orientation day. This means that out of a total of 13 two-day sessions, your slides are seen a minimum of 26 times in addition to our transfer sessions. There is no other formal programming occurring during this time.
Seen by all orientation attendees (8500+ students, 6000+ family members, 50+ student leaders)
31 opportunities to be seen throughout Summer Orientation Sessions alone (includes freshman and transfer)
Orientation Leaders serve as representatives for the University of South Carolina. They assist new students and families by providing advice and insight into the city of Columbia. They often share favorite restaurants, businesses, and things to do in Columbia with our guests. By interacting with our Orientation Leaders, you have the opportunity to highlight your business and share specific talking points which you would like them to share with our new students and families.
Orientation advertisements will be for students admitted Summer 2018, Fall 2018, and Spring 2019. Please consider this when designing an advertisement for your department or organization.
Make your ad answer these three primary questions:
- Who are you?
- What can you do to support a new student and their family in the first year?
- How can they connect with you?
- Use website addresses for in-depth information.
- Use real photos and avoid clip art or irrelevant animations.
- Avoid text-heavy ads. Try to think about the things new students will care about most.
- Don’t provide specific dates. These guides will be distributed to students who are admitted for the Summer 2018, Fall 2018, and Spring 2019 academic terms.
File Format and Printing
- Submissions must be print-ready and will only be accepted electronically in PDF format with a minimum 300dpi resolution.
- We will not insert loose-leaf papers inside the Garnet Guide.
- All information is printed in color on white paper.
Half-page ad: 7.5" x 5"
Full-page ad: 7.5" x 10"
All submissions must be received by April 2 and are subject to review and the discretion of the Office of New Student Orientation staff.
If files are not in the proper format, we cannot guarantee clarity and resolution. No other formats will be accepted.
In order to reduce errors and increase consistency from page to page, we ask that you submit your advertisement via email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.