Visitor Parking Options
There are several options you can choose from in different areas, including hourly
parking, campus metered spaces and city meters. If you come across any broken campus
meters, please report them immediately to parking services.
Please note that a visitor is not a faculty, staff, student, vendor or contractor of the university. Faculty, staff and students need to purchase a permit, while vendors or contractors should have permits arranged through their project manager.
Monday thru Friday, 7 a.m. - 11 p.m.
The follwing garages offer parking for $1 per hour. There is a $15 charge for lost tickets.
- Bull Street Garage (gate 3)
- Discovery Garage (park St. side)
- Horizon Garage
- Campus Village Garage (top level)
Campus Metered Spaces
Monday thru Friday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Metered parking is available in several campus garages and lots, including:
- Pendleton Street Garage (levels 1a, 1b, 2a - enter from Pickens St.)
- Close-Hipp Lot (top level)
- College Street (1700 block)
- Capstone and Columbia Hall (on Barnwell St.)
- Sumter Street Garage (top level)
Parking Meter Cards
Cards are available for $5 per day, for purchase in the Parking Services office. They can be used in the two-hour and five-hour meters on campus. These cards are not valid at City of Columbia street meters.
While we encourage you to park in campus parking whenever possible, City of Columbia parking meters are also available on many streets around campus.