Review Schedule and Candidate Portfolios
The schedule for submission and the specific contents of candidate portfolios are determined by the unit and may vary given the type of promotion. Units should refer to policy ACAF 1.16 Professional-track Faculty [pdf] for guidance, and faculty should consult with their academic unit.
Generally, however, candidate portfolios should include at a minimum the information included in the list below, as applicable for the rank sought, combined into a single .pdf document with appropriate bookmarks for each section:
- the candidate’s current curriculum vitae and related documentation to include the
following, as applicable:
- a record of the candidate’s teaching effectiveness (teaching summary and/or student evaluations)
- a bibliography of the candidate’s scholarship, if not already delineated in the curriculum vitae (publications and/or creative works, scholarship presentations, performances and/or exhibitions)
- a list of the candidate’s professional, public, and university service activities, if not already delineated in the curriculum vitae
- the unit’s professional-track promotion criteria
- faculty promotion committee ballots or chair summation of ballots
- a statement of support from the department chair or division head (if applicable)
- confidential recommendation from the dean delineating how the candidate meets the criteria for promotion.
Please note that some unit criteria require additional information, such as a candidate personal statement, representative samples of recent publications, or evaluations by external reviewers. In all cases, the candidate portfolio must include elements required by the unit criteria.
It is recommended that these portfolios follow the same general format and bookmark structure as applications for tenure and promotion.
Transfer of professional-track faculty to tenure-track or tenured positions is a separate process handled according to ACAF 1.18 Change of Status between Tenure Track and Professional Track [pdf]. Please consult the Office of the Provost at 803-777-2808 or PROVACAF@mailbox.sc.edu for more information.
Please submit professional-track faculty promotion portfolios through the secure document submission link above.
For Administrative use only
If you need assistance with matters related to professional-track faculty promotions, please contact the Office of the Provost at 803-777-2808 or PROVACAF@mailbox.sc.edu.