Job Overview: The Faculty Advisor of the International Accelerator Program serves as the liaison to and advocate for the program to the wider university community, with a focus on faculty. Co-chairing the Academic Quality Assurance Sub-Committee with the IAP Academic Director, the Faculty Advisor will ensure that the University’s academic principles and policies are upheld in the program operation and will help to develop recommendations for improvements. The Faculty Advisor will also help introduce the program and its opportunities to different constituencies, helping to drive new program development as appropriate.
The Faculty Advisor will receive course release for one fall and one spring course equivalence to carry out this role. Support from the originating department is needed in advance of the appointment.
Job Responsibilities: Duties include but are not limited to:
- Serve as Co-Chair of the IAP Academic Quality Assurance Committee.
- Present to UofSC college leadership, departments or faculty with other IAP staff on current programs and program expansion opportunities.
- Serve as liaison to Faculty Senate on behalf of the program.
- Present to the IAP Steering Committee or University leadership as needed on key program metrics, measures of success, recommended accommodations.
- Plan and co-host meetings/events with faculty teaching IAP students to educate or seek feedback.
- Build and maintain professional relationships with stakeholders around the university as a representative of the International Accelerator program in and outside of the University community.
- Facilitate further development of diversity and inclusion of international students on campus among faculty, staff and students.
- Escalate any concerns to the IAP Academic Director, the Director of Global Carolina or the Steering Committee as appropriate.
Tenured, tenure-track or full time professional track UofSC faculty who have experience with and interest in international student success and who have a proven track record of collaboration across the university are encouraged to apply. Qualifications or experience sought includes:
- Demonstrated cross-disciplinary communication skills.
- Support of or involvement with international student service programming.
- History of presenting at conferences or to larger audiences on topics related to key responsibilities.
Length of Appointment: 2-year appointment with the option to renew for an additional year by approval of the Shorelight-Palmetto Academic Quality Assurance Sub-Committee.
How to apply:
Please send a current CV and one-page letter of interest to email@example.com.