The total enrollment of undergraduate and postgraduate students is nearly 32,000. Students can choose from more than 320 degree programs, and the student body is constantly reaching new heights with increased applications (over 25,000 for 5,000 freshman seats in 2014), average GPAs and SAT scores for the incoming freshmen, and overall retention and graduations rates.
- U.S. News & World Report has consistently ranked the Moore School of Business as the best in the nation for its undergraduate and graduate programs in international business. The undergraduate program is No. 1 for 17 consecutive years, while the graduate program is No. 1 among public universities and has been in the Top 3 for 25 consecutive years.
- The South Carolina Honors College is also ranked No. 1 in the nation among all public Honors Colleges.
- USC is classified by the Carnegie Foundation as "R1: Doctoral University with Highest Research Activity."
- Approximately 20 of the University's doctoral programs were included in the top 50 nationwide in the last National Research Council rankings, with two in the top 10 (electrical engineering and geography).
- The University produces more than 300 doctoral degrees annually, with 80 of last year’s graduates placed in tenure track positions worldwide.