Skip to Content

Coronavirus: Get complete details about the university's response to COVID-19.

University Registrar

DegreeWorks Edit Request

The University Registrar's degree audit team routinely works with the academic colleges to resolve discrepancies found in the DegreeWorks Audit System. 


This form is restricted to only Faculty, Staff, and University Personnel and Prohibited from student submission.



Read through the information below prior to submitting a DegreeWorks Edit Request. This form should only be completed by authorized DegreeWorks officials.

Who manages DegreeWorks edits at the academic colleges?

Academic advisors, faculty, and/or staff are encouraged to notify the authorized DegreeWorks Official(s) at their respective College upon discovery of discrepancies. Typically this is the Deans advising team in the Colleges. Advisors will need to reference the applicable catalog year, Block (Gen. Ed./Carolina Core, Major, Minor, Cognate, other) where the error is found. This works interchangeably – the degree audit team in the registrar's office occasionally finds discrepancies within academic program requirements and forwards these findings to the College to review and provide clarification, if needed.

How do I submit a request for a DegreeWorks edit to the Office of the University Registrar?

The DegreeWorks official should populate the applicable fields on the DegreeWorks Edit Request form with descriptive information of the issue. After you complete the form, select submit at the bottom of the edit form and you will receive an auto-generated reply to the email address you provided. If applicable, supporting documentation should be uploaded to the DegreeWorks Edit Request form or forwarded to by the authorized DegreeWorks official at the College. Documentation (i.e. Committee on Curricula and Courses minutes, copies of bulletin, copies of curriculum sheets) is used to verify program requirements as approved in a frozen bulletin. Program requirements will not be updated in DegreeWorks until these requirements are approved and published in the academic bulletin. Typos do not require supporting documentation.

Examples of discrepancies/errors that are considered routine fixes to include on the DegreeWorks Edit Request form

  • Typos in DegreeWorks
  • Missing program requirements in DegreeWorks
  • Missing allowable courses in DegreeWorks- these should approved courses that are included in the bulletin
  • Credit hour discrepancies within a program requirement in DegreeWorks
  • Application of Program Requirement is incorrect in DegreeWorks Audit System

This list of routine fixes may change over the course of the DegreeWorks implementation at UofSC Columbia and regional campuses.

Wrong Catalog Year or Curriculum-related discrepancies for students in DegreeWorks

Contact Client Services in the registrar office They will assist with fixing curriculum related discrepancies on individual student records. New Curriculum change requests should be made using the Curriculum Change Form through Self Service Carolina.

DO NOT INCLUDE: Bulletin or Transfer Articulation change requests on the DegreeWorks Edit Request form

Bulletin changes should be directed to the appropriate authority within the Office of the Provost. All Transfer Articulation questions or requests should be directed to the registrar's office transfer articulation team for assistance by emailing

DegreeWorks Edit Request

Challenge the conventional. Create the exceptional. No Limits.