The specialized software in the Assistive Technology Lab can accommodate students with hearing, visual, learning, and mobility impairments. Our trained staff provides personal attention, including one-on-one assistance in learning to use assistive technology.
Equipment Loan Agreement Forms
Purpose of form: Permission to check out a Livescribe Echo smartpen.
Purpose of form: Permission to check out a license of Glean or Sonocent Audio Notetaker app.
Purpose of form: Permission to check out loaned assistive technology devices.
- Screen Magnifier/Reader: ZoomText
- Screen Reader: JAWS (Job Access With Speech)
- Speech-to-Text: Dragon NaturallySpeaking
- Audio Notetaking: Glean / Sonocent
- Kurzweil 3000: Mobile software/platform that provides text-to-speech, speech-to-text, graphic organizer, study skills tools and more.
- Video Magnifier
- FM Loop: Helps hearing-impaired students understand professors better.
- Talking Calculator
- Intellikeys Keyboard: Designed for students with physical disabilities (e.g. Cerebral Palsy)
- Livescribe Smartpens: A writing pen that records and links audio to notes written in a specialized notebook (you never miss a word!)
Alternative Media Services
- Complete Textbook Conversions: Textbooks converted to Braille, large print, audio, and e-text (Microsoft Word documents or PDF files)
- Pictures-In-A-Flash (PIAF): Produces raised surface pictures from textbooks for blind students
- Braille Embosser
- High-Speed Scanner
- Guillotine Textbook Ream Cutter
- Binding Machine