Contact us for academic assistance and connection to resources.
Log in to the alert Platform using your UofSC username and password.
- Within your Professor Profile, on the right hand side under Actions, select "I want to...Issue an Alert"
- Using your course roster, type the USCID, username, or full name of the student you wish to submit an alert for in the box titled 'Student'
- Please select the reason you believe the student needs assistance. You can choose between the following options: SSC - Course Performance and/or SSC - Class Absence
- Please select the course the alert is associated
- Share relevant information in "Additional Comments". This can include the number of absences, number of missing assignments, test/exam grades, and even the student's current grade in your course
- Select Submit
- Repeat for additional students
After submitting an alert, students will be directed to schedule a Success Consultation in the Student Success Center to discuss their progress in the course and explore strategies and resources to support their academic success. The Student Success Center also calls students with alerts to encourage them to connect with resources. Residence Life Coordinators also check on these students living on-campus with an absence related alert.
Any time during the semester, but preferably during the first four to six weeks of class. You can submit an alert on behalf of a student as many times as necessary to let the Student Success Center know of your concern so we may connect them to resources that can help.
If you are experiencing difficulty using the alert platform, please use our Alternate Alert Form.
Problems Beyond Academics
If you have concerns about a student related to behaviors beyond academics or attendance, you may consider making appropriate referrals to: