Football Gameday Changes
We are aware of the challenges at the student lower-level gates before the start of our first football game. There has been significant work done in redesigning and re-imagining the student gates to ensure that the issues we had at the first game do not happen again. We have collaborated with Athletics, Student Government and Campus Police to make the necessary changes to ensure the issues some students experienced during entry into the stadium are resolved. The safety of our students is our top priority, and we are committed to a great fan experience for everyone.
Lower-Level Gate Entry — The physical setup and flow of the student gates have been reconfigured to enhance entry into the stadium.
- Students will enter a series of lanes outside the student gates before ticket scanning. An additional entrance into the lower-level has been created to reduce crowd congestion.
- There has also been a significant increase in wayfinding signage to assist students in identifying the appropriate area to enter the stadium.
- There will be an increase in staff to provide service to students entering the stadium. We will also have volunteers helping students outside the student gate.
- Please ensure that you access your student ticket and add it to your Apple/Android wallet before leaving for the game. Also don't forget to charge your phone before you leave. We recommend a portable phone charger if you are concerned about your phone battery dying.
- If you have a lower-level ticket, it is YOUR responsibility to obtain a wristband immediately after scanning your ticket. Wristbands will not be given to anyone who has already entered the stadium without a wristband.
- Please be patient as we process students through the stadium gates. If you arrive close to kickoff, expect to wait in line with others who did not arrive early.
- Please ensure that you are entering the appropriate gate for your ticket (lower vs. upper level). There will be plenty of additional directional signage, and if you request a ticket, your claim email will include a map of the correct entrances.
- If you have an upper-level ticket and are found in the lower-level student section, you will be ejected from the game and lose your ticketing privileges. We can only safely fit a certain number of students in the lower level and only those students will receive a wristband.
- Please stay hydrated before, during and after the game. There are multiple blue watercoolers throughout the stadium that you can use.
Who Is Eligible for the Student Ticketing Process
- UofSC Columbia Students enrolled in 12+ hours
- UofSC Undergraduate Students taking 6+ hours who paid the Athletic Events Fee*
- Graduate students taking at least 1 hour are eligible to pay the Athletic Event Fee*
The deadline to pay the Athletic Event Fee is January 28. Please email StudentTixHelp@mailbox.sc.edu if you have any questions about this fee or tickets.
Students at other UofSC campuses or who have fewer than 12 hours without paying the Athletic Event Fee* are not eligible to request tickets.
*The Athletic Event Fee is a bond fee that goes to the Athletic Department to support facility upkeep. Paying the fee does not guarantee tickets and only makes you eligible to participate in the student ticketing process.
Football Ticketing Process
On Friday at 10 a.m. until Tuesday at 3:30 p.m. of the week leading up to a football game, students must request a ticket if they are interested in attending. The request process does NOT guarantee a ticket to the game. To request a ticket use the Gamecock Student Rewards app, and click on ticketing. Request are prioritized and tickets are awarded based on Gamecock Reward points. The number of points required to receive a ticket varies and is determined once all requests are placed. For soccer, basketball, and baseball, there is not request period.
For help requesting your ticket, visit the Request Guide »
Beginning Wednesday at 10 a.m. until Thursday at 3:30 p.m., students that were awarded the opportunity to claim a ticket can go and claim their ticket to guarantee admission into the game. You MUST claim your ticket by Thursday at 4pm or you will lose your ticket. Unclaimed upper deck tickets will be made available during the On Demand period for those that did not request or claim a ticket.
Students who requested a ticket, but did not receive one during the claim period can claim any remaining upper deck tickets during the On Demand period which begins on Thursday at 4:30 p.m. These tickets are first come, first served and will go fast.
Your ticket barcode is available after claiming your ticket. You can access these ticket through the "Manage Tickets" page on the Student Account Manager. To speed up the process at the gate, pull up your ticket on your phone before leaving for Williams-Brice stadium. If you have an iPhone, put the ticket in your Apple Wallet for easier access. If you decide to not attend the game, you MUST cancel your ticket by Friday at 5pm. If you fail to cancel your ticket and do not attend the game for two games in the season, you will lose your ticketing privileges for the 2022 football season. Student tickets are non-transferrable and if found distributing or requesting another student's ticket will lead to you losing ticketing privileges.
Guest tickets are available in the upper level student section (Section 508 & 509) for the Florida and Auburn games. Guest tickets are $50 each and students can purchase up to two tickets per game.
*Guest ticket information for the Clemson game may be announced at a later date.
Ticket Availability Schedule
Tickets requests usually start at 10 a.m. on Friday, the week before each game. Please note there will be an altered schedule for the Clemson game due to the Thanksgiving holiday.
September 4 – Gamecocks v. Eastern Illinois
Request Period: Aug. 30 at 10 a.m. – Aug. 31 at 3:30 p.m..
Claim Period: Sept. 1 at 10 a.m. – Sept. 2 at 3:30 p.m.
Upper On Demand: Sept. 2 at 4:30 p.m. until Sept 4
September 25 – Gamecocks v. Kentucky
Request Period: Sept. 17 at 10 a.m. – Sept. 21 at 3:30 p.m.
Claim Period: Sept. 22 at 10 a.m. – Sept. 23 at 3:30 p.m.
Upper On Demand: Sept. 23 at 4:30 p.m. until Sept. 25.
October 2 – Gamecocks v. Troy
Request Period: Sept. 24 at 10 a.m. – Sept. 28 at 3:30 p.m.
Claim Period: Sept. 29 at 10 a.m. – Sept. 30 at 3:30 p.m.
Upper On Demand: Sept. 30 at 4:30 p.m. until Oct. 2
October 16 – Gamecocks v. Vanderbilt
Request Period: Oct. 8 at 10 a.m. – Oct. 12 at 3:30 p.m.
Claim Period: Oct. 13 at 10 a.m. – Oct. 14 at 3:30 p.m.
Upper On Demand: Oct. 14 at 4:30 p.m. until Oct. 16
November 6 – Gamecocks v. Florida
Request Period: Oct. 29 at 10 a.m. – Nov. 2 at 3:30 p.m.
Claim Period: Nov. 3 at 10 a.m. – Nov. 4 at 3:30 p.m.
Upper On Demand: Nov. 4 at 4:30 p.m. until Nov. 6
November 20 – Gamecocks v. Auburn
Request Period: Nov. 12 at 10 a.m. – Nov. 16 at 3:30 p.m.
Claim Period: Nov. 17 at 10 a.m. – Nov. 18 at 3:30 p.m.
Upper On Demand: Nov. 18 at 4:30 p.m. until Nov. 20
November 27 – Gamecocks v. Clemson
Request Period: Nov. 18 at 10 a.m. - Nov. 22 at 3:30 p.m.
Claim Period: Nov. 23 at 10 a.m. - Nov. 24 at 3:30 p.m.
Upper On Demand: Nov. 24 at 4:30 p.m. until Nov. 27
Attending a Football Game
Your phone contains your ticket. Make sure to have it charged upon entry to the stadium. You are responsible for having your student ticket available upon entry to the stadium.
You must present your CarolinaCard and student ticket at the gate upon entry. If you fail to present it if asked by a university official, you will be ejected from the game.
Students enter through the student gate at the north-east corner of Williams-Brice Stadium.
Student lower gates open 2 hours in advance. Arrive early to avoid lines that form around the time of kickoff. Students must enter by half time of each game. Student gates will close after that time and you will not gain entry into the stadium.
South Carolina Athletics has a clear bag policy for all ticketed athletic events that limits the size and type of bags that may be brought into the venues for baseball, men's and women's basketball, football, men's and women's soccer, softball and volleyball. Please review the list of approved and unapproved bags on this page before attending an athletic event.
Students seated in the lower deck will receive a wristband upon entrance into the northeast Student Gate. The wristband must be worn at all times. If found in the lower deck without a wristband, you will be removed from the stadium and lose your ticket privileges for the next football season. No guests are allowed in the lower deck.
Students who receive an upper deck ticket will enter through general public gates (not the student gate) and will not get a wristband. New for 2021, there are two dedicated student sections in the upper deck. Section 508 & 509 will be general admission sections for those with upper deck tickets. Those who claim upper deck tickets during the claim period may be upgraded to lower deck tickets depending on availability.
If you fail to cancel your student ticket by 5 p.m. on Friday before the game and do not attend the game, you will receive a penalty strike. If you get two penalty strikes during one season, you will lose your ticketing privileges for the remainder of the season. If you have four penalty strikes during your time her at UofSC, you may lose your ticketing privileges for the remainder of your time at the university.
Reward points are used to determine who receives student ticket, especially those in high demand. The more points you earn, the better likelihood you have of getting tickets in the lower level student section. You earn points by attending any Gamecock athletic events. In addition to attending athletic events, here is how you receive additional points:
- Seniors - 8 points
- Juniors/Graduates - 6 points
- Sophomores - 4 points
- Freshmen - 3 points
- 10% rollover points from the previous academic year
- Optional membership to the Student Gamecock Club
Questions regarding Gamecock Rewards points can be submitted to email@example.com.
Ticket Policy Violations
If you violate the student ticket policy, you may:
- Be referred to the Office of Student Judicial Programs.
- Be suspended from all athletic events for a calendar year.
- Lose all your reward points.
- Be referred to UofSC Police.
Ticket Policy Violations
- Getting ejected from an athletic event.
- Selling or attempting to distribute a student ticket.
- Requesting to use another student's ticket.
- Using or requesting to use someone else's student ticket.
- Copying or altering a student ticket.
- Showing a false, copied or altered ticket at the gate.
- Presenting another student's ticket at the gate.
- Accessing or attempting to access another student's ticketing account.
- Failing to have a lower deck wristband on in the lower deck student section for football.
- Giving your lower deck wristband to another student for football.
- For football, possessing any alcohol in the lower deck student section - even alcohol purchased legally from another section of the stadium.
- Violation of any rules at the venue.
- Failing to present CarolinaCard upon request.
- Failing to abide by the Gamecock Fan Code of Conduct
Gamecock Fan Code of Conduct
- In the spirit of sportsmanship, Gamecock fans shall:
- Conduct themselves in a manner that represents their University, the Southeastern Conference, and the NCAA with honor, dignity, and respect
- Not use vulgar, abusive, racist, sexist, demeaning, or intimidating language at any time
- Support the players, coaches, and officials in a positive manner
- Treat the visiting team, coaches, and fans with courtesy and respect at all times
- Demonstrating the qualities of civility and sportsmanship at all times
- Not engage in cheers that are vulgar, crass, or demeaning
- Refrain from throwing objects onto the field or court for any reason
- Not become inebriated or belligerent
- Refrain from entering the playing field at any time, including after the game
- Be a positive role model for those around them by treating others with courtesy and respect
Student ticketing privileges may be revoked at the discretion of the Department of Student Life.