The below policies are not a complete list, however they are examples of some common client and University Test Center specific policies. Additional policies will be discussed at check-in prior to testing. Familiarity with and compliance to test company and the University Testing Center policy is the test taker's responsibility.
- A valid government issued photo ID is required to test (to the right is an example of acceptable ID's).
- All personal items must be secured in a locker (provided) prior to testing. This includes hats or clothing with attached hoods, outerwear of any type (jackets, coats, pullovers, sweaters, etc.), and digital and analog watches.
- Testing aids prohibited in the testing room include (but are not limited to): cell phones, pagers, electronic or photographic devices, pens, calculators, watch calculators, books, notes, rulers, dictionaries, food/candy, and beverages (unless otherwise noted in the test instructions).
- All scratch paper must be returned to the Proctor before leaving the testing room (unless otherwise noted in the testing instructions).
- Children are not allowed in the testing rooms. There are no childcare facilities at the Testing Center, and children in the waiting area are to be attended to at all times.
If the University Testing Center is closed due to a local or University emergency, you will need to contact the company you registered your exam with to reschedule - we are not authorized to reschedule your exam unless your are taking the CLEP exam. Visit Carolina Alert to see the University's current operating status.
Please notify the University Testing Center by phone or email no less than 48-hours prior to your scheduled exam if you need to reschedule or cancel your exam. All cancellations and rescheduled exams that do not meet this deadline are subject to a $30 cancellation fee.
Please review the testing company policies you registered with as they have separate cancellation/reschedule instructions.
Note: University of South Carolina’s Testing Center (UTC) and its staff assume no responsibility
for loss, damage or stolen personal items brought into the testing center. Many personal
belongings such as electronics, sunglasses, caps, etc. are prohibited in the testing
rooms. You are encouraged to leave those items at home or in your car. However,
if you choose, you may leave personal items in the Testing Center lockers at your