IMPORTANT: Have you ever been both a student and university employee?
A dual account holder is an individual who has both a student @email.sc.edu account and an employee @mailbox.sc.edu account. Often, employees no longer check their student @email account. However, the account is still active in the Office 365 Cloud. Unfortunately, Office 365 does no allow a user to have multiple accounts in the Cloud. Therefore, one account must be merged with the other. Our system recognizes the @email.sc.edu as the "main" account for individuals.
Information for dual account users during pre-migration period.
What will look different in email for dual account users after pre-migration begins in early March 2018.
Email messages dated mid-February or earlier will be copied to the Office 365 Cloud. Therefore, email messages will show up in both the @email account and the @mailbox account.
As a dual account holder, do I need to do anything different as a result of the pre-migration of email beginning early March 2018?
Please do not move email messages, reorganize folders, or delete messages in either account until late February. Once your mail has been pre-migrated, any changes you make through the Outlook software on your computer will not show up in the Office 365 Cloud.
Will I lose any email?
No. All email located in your @mailbox.sc.edu account will be replicated in the Office 365 Cloud.
Will my Outlook calendar be affected during pre-migration?
Not during pre-migration. However, there will be a period of time later in the process when you will temporarily lose access to your @mailbox account and will need to check, send, and receive email at your @email account. You will also temporarily lose the ability to share calendars with others. Many more details about this process will be forthcoming.
How long will the @email address be my primary account? When can I go back to @mailbox?
Currently, the DoIT estimates that @email will need to be the primary account for dual users for one week.
What is my Office 365 Username?
What do I need to do after my email migration is complete?
ATTENTION: Please consult your local IT support before continuing. If you do not
have local IT support, please refer to the instructions below.
Migration will be completed in stages. Please do not proceed with these steps until you receive notification that your email has been migrated.
If you are running a local installation of 2010/2013/2016 Outlook on a PC or 2011/2016 Outlook on a Mac, you will be able to configure your Outlook client to connect to your Office 365 mailbox. You can also access your email through the Office 365 portal or Outlook Web client.
How to set up email on current Outlook 2013 and 2016 PC clients
- Click on your Start/Windows button and open Outlook 2016.
- Click Next to set up your Outlook mail client.
- Once you click Next, verify that your O365 username and password are correct, as it
may auto populate. Click Next.
- Your account is now being set up.
- The following window will appear when it is complete. Click Finish and your Outlook
mailbox will open. Note: it will take a bit longer the first time it opens.
How to set up email on current Outlook 2016 Mac clients
- Open Finder > Applications and then double click Outlook.
- Click Get Started.
- Click Sign In.
- Type your Office 365 username and click Next.
- Choose work or school account.
- Type your university network password and click Sign In.
- Add an account. Verify your O365 username and password.
- You will have to activate the account with your username and password information.
How to set up email using the installation from the Office 365 portal
After migration is complete:
- Install a local copy of Microsoft Office 365 Pro Plus to your laptop or desktop.
- Log into mail on mobile devices.
- Log into outlook web app (previously webmail.sc.edu).
- Log into the Office 365 web portal.