To keep you safe online, UTS has two free security tools – virtual private network (VPN) remote access and antivirus software. A VPN creates a secure tunnel from your computer to the university network when you are off campus. Antivirus software must be installed and updated on your computer before you can connect to the university network. You can download or have UTS install an antivirus program for free if you do not already have one installed on your computer.
- Free security tools
- Secure remote access ensuring data stays safe
- Securely connect to campus resources from home or any unsecure, untrusted network
- Antivirus software for Mac or Windows
- Must be a student
- Must know your VIP ID and password
- You can download and install the software yourself or have the Carolina Tech Zone install it.
- Choose the links below to download the software:
- Follow the prompts to download and install the software.
- Need assistance with installing, configuring or using the VPN or antivirus software? Contact the UTS Service Desk or visit the Carolina Tech Zone for technology support.