What We Do
As of 2012, South Carolina is home to one Federally Recognized Tribe and over a dozen State Recognized Tribes and Tribal groups. South Carolina’s Native population grew significantly in the 2010 Census, and now numbers 40,000+.
The Native American Studies Archive seeks to acquire, preserve, catalog, organize, and disseminate information relating to Native American history and culture, with emphasis on South Carolina and surrounding areas.
For more information contact Brent Burgin, Archivist at 803-313-7063 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Steven Guy Baker Collection
- T.J. Blumer Collection on the Catawba Nation
- Monty Hawk Branham Collection
- Gene Joseph Crediford Collection
- William Fred Fischer Collection
- Garfield Crawford Harris Collection
- Dr. Alice Bee Kasakoff Collection
- David Livingston Pittman Collection
- David Lindsay Pettus Collection
- Early Fred Sanders Collection
- Wesley Durant Taukchiray Collection
- Rosemary Clark Whitlock Collection