Columbia Medical Society Shadowing Program
The Columbia Medical Society, the USC Department of Pediatrics and Pre-Professional Advising have
teamed up to present a new shadowing program for USC students who are planning to become physicians.
This program will match a student with a physician in the Midlands for a minimum of five
shadowing days, thereby giving the student a more comprehensive understanding of the medical profession.
The criteria you must meet to participate in the CMS Shadowing Program are:
- 60 hours of college credit
- GPA of 3.3
- Completion of a class module about confidentiality and professionalism
- Successful passage of the subsequent test
Students must also complete:
- An application
- Waiver of liability and release form
- Confidentiality statement
- An evaluation and summary at the end of the experience, to be turned in to Pre-Professional Advising
Directions: Give yourself at least 20 minutes to view the presentation and take the test.
- The first step is to login to the site with your USC username and password
- You will then view the presentation and must pass the subsequent test
- After you pass the test, you should download the four necessary forms,
- Complete them, and
- Take them to Pre-Professional Advising, 208 Sumwalt College, where you will be paired with a physician
If you are ready to begin, login here with your University network username and password.