There is a growing demand from our students to take this class during the summer term. In-person summer course enrollment has been shrinking in recent years. To meet demand and ensure the course has sufficient enrollment, we wish to deliver this class via online pedagogy in addition to the current method of delivery.
Comments from the InDEV On-Line Courses Committee
USC Palmetto College
SPTA 274 contact: Matt Brown
SPTA 274 – Summary of InDEV Committee Comments
December 2, 2016
Comments for SPTA 274
The INDEV Committee meeting went well this morning. See the necessary edits below. I have made all of the edits EXCEPT for #1 and #2. The updated syllabus is attached. You’ll have to do #1 and #2 below when Dr. Jordan “kicks the proposal back” to you through APPS and when you resubmit.
1) In APPS make sure you choose Standard (Letter Grades Only). The one chosen was Standard (Letter Grades with Pass/Fall option).
2) In APPS make sure when you copy/paste into the system that the learning minutes remain in the last column of the tentative course outline.
3) Make minor edits to learning outcomes
4) Put in technology information about SimNet
5) Explain that checklists/rubrics are in SimNet
6) Explain that students can do the trainings, simulations, trainings, etc. more than once to earn higher grade
7) Add SimNet technology requirements
8) Put a % in the grading scale
9) Ensure total minutes are correct and add up to at least 6300 minutes
NOTE: The next Faculty Senate meeting is December 7, but we’re too late for that one. However, there is another one on February 1. So, this course could go in front of Faculty Senate then and be ready for Summer 2017 offering. But, I would go ahead and do resubmit as soon as you can. When you do resubmit, email Andy and Steve Adams and tell them it’s coming through APPS again so they will be ready to click on approve to get it back to the INDEV queue. Thanks!
Thanks to Tena Crews for compiling these comments.
Please see comments & edit.