Make sure the following is EXACTLY what the signed MOU states and note that Dean Hossein signed on 10/27/16 and Dean Oh signed on 10/28/16.
Memo of Understanding
September 27, 2016
The College of Engineering and Computing (CEC) and the College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management (HRSM) agree to the following regarding the relocation of the Integrated Information Technology (iIT) Department:
1. If approved by the USC Board of Trustees, the faculty and programs from the Department of Integrated Information Technology (iIT) will move from HRSM to CEC as of July 1, 2017.
2. Students majoring in iIT and the Master of Health IT (MHIT) program will remain in HRSM until the end of summer 2017 and move to CEC by the beginning of the Fall 2017 term. This means the qualified students will graduate under HRSM through August 2017.
3. Based on the auditor’s recommendation and Provost’s approval, HRSM will transfer a permanent allocation of $_____ to CEC as of July 1, 2017.
4. All program fees collected for Fall 2016 and Spring 2017 will be allocated to HRSM. Fees collected for Summer 2017 and beyond will be allocated to CEC.
5. HRSM will receive the MHIT tuition split with the Provost for Fall 2016 and Spring 2017. CEC will receive the MHIT tuition split for Summer 2017.
6. CEC will be responsible for scheduling Summer 2017 iIT and MHIT courses. CEC will pay all Summer 2017 salaries and expenses.
7. As of July 1, 2017, CEC will take over responsibility for all iIT and MHIT human resources related matters and expenses including salaries and operations.
8. HRSM will request all iIT grants and Educational Foundation accounts be transferred to CEC.
9. iIT faculty and staff will be allowed to retain their current desktop or laptop and office furniture when they move to CEC. All the other technology devices provided by HRSM, computer labs and equipment, and classroom equipment and furniture will remain with HRSM.
10. HRSM agrees to cover the rent and expense for breaking the lease for the space located at The Tower at 1301 Gervais Street through June 30, 2017.
11. All expenses associated with the iIT and MHIT faculty and staff move from 1301 Gervais Street to the Innovation Center, or any other location, will be covered by CEC.
12. HRSM core courses will remain with HRSM; HRSM will initiate the course designator changes during the Fall 2016 term, for the new course designator to be reflected in the Fall 2017 Bulletin.
13. The following iIT faculty members will remain with HRSM:
a. Dr. Tena Crews
b. Ms. Shawna Moffitt
c. Ms. Donna Watts
Acknowledged and agreed to by:
College of HRSM College of CEC
Dr. Haemoon Oh, Dean Dr. Hossein Haj-Hariri, Dean
Date: ________________________ Date:____________________________