In order to comply with the required testing program, saliva COVID-19 tests are available through the university. The Saliva Assay Free Expedited (SAFE) test is free, quick and noninvasive, and results can typically be shared within 24-48 hours after the saliva sample is collected. SAFE testing is only available to current students, faculty, and staff.
You can also use other off-campus testing opportunities to complete your testing requirement.
It is very important that any student, faculty or staff member that develops significant symptoms of COVID-19, like fever, cough or shortness of breath, contact their healthcare provide for evaluation. If needed, an appointment for a test will be scheduled. Costs for test will be billed to your health insurance. Students can make an appointment through MyHealthSpace.
Important information about vaccines can be found on our COVID-19 Vaccine Information page.
Please note: the saliva testing site at the Russell House has been moved from the 3rd floor to the Underground, which is located in the basement level by the Carolina Card office, Print Center and Mailroom.
Schedule for June 7 – 13
- No appointment needed for saliva testing at the SAFE testing locations: 1311 Pendleton St. or Russell House Underground.
- Be sure to bring your Carolina Card to get tested. We also encourage you to bring your cell phone to record your test barcode.
- Please do not eat, drink, chew gum, or use tobacco products within 30 minutes prior to saliva testing and do not drink water 10 minutes prior to the saliva test.
Monday, June 7 – Thursday, June 10
- 8 a.m.–4 p.m. faculty and staff only saliva testing, 1311 Pendleton St. (no students, please)
- 9 a.m.–4 p.m. student, faculty and staff saliva testing, Russell House Underground
Friday, June 11
- 8 a.m.–12 p.m. faculty and staff only saliva testing, 1311 Pendleton St. (no students, please)
- 9 a.m.–12 p.m. student, faculty and staff saliva testing, Russell House Underground
Saturday, June 12 – Sunday, June 13
- No testing