A grade of C or above is required for the course to count toward the BA degree in African American Studies.
- AFAM 201: Intro to African American Studies: Social and Historical Foundations
- AFAM 202: Intro to African American Studies: Arts and Cultural Foundations
- Society and History (6 hours): Select two AFAM or approved discipline-based courses in social and historical topics (i.e. POLI, SOCI, PSYC, WGST, HIST, RELG, SOST JOUR, ANTH, and EDUC)
- Arts and Culture (6 hours): Select two AFAM or approved discipline-based courses in arts and cultural topics (i.e. ENGL, CPLT, ANTH, FILM, THEA, DANC, LING, and all Art disciplines)
- Three Additional Major Courses (9 hours): Select 3 AFAM or discipline-based courses (300-level or above) organized around 1-2 subjects in consultation with advisor
- AFAM 498 or AFAM 499 (3 hours): Seminar in African American Studies