Skills for Success
- Understand working relationship of stakeholders
- Identify needs of stakeholders
- Identify problems and solutions to cotemporary issues
- Emphasis on oral and written communication
- Ability to write clearly and persuasively
- Independent study projects
- Utilizing literature reviews
- Database construction and management
- Data cleaning
- Statistical training
- Work on group projects
- Debates/dialogs with students
- Ability to lead groups
- Plan organizational meetings
- Attend regional and national conferences
- Advanced work in special topics
- Understanding cultural, racial, and gender differences
Criminology and criminal justice graduates cultivate skills and knowledge applicable to a variety of job opportunities including positions in:
- State/federal law enforcement
- Higher education
- Research organizations
- Homeland security
- Victim assistance
- Juvenile justice
- Victim advocate
- Loss prevention
- Public service
- Human services
- Crime scene analysis
- Computer crime investigation
Current Career Opportunities
Here is a sample of recent job postings that our students are uniquely qualified for.
The Charleston Police Department is currently hiring!
They are hosting a Zoom Career Information Session on May 28, 2020 at 6:00pm (EST) to learn about the application process and all the department has to offer.
Zoom login: 713-198-2555
Please contact Officer Cherry (email@example.com or 843-725-9619) with any questions before the event and for the password to enter the Zoom discussion.
This section will be updated in the new academic year.