We understand the that issues of race and racism are broader than a black and white issue. We are dedicated to offering a wider knowledge base. With this challenge we focus on expanding our understanding and knowledge of Native Americans. Indigenous people on the American continent have suffered for centuries from genocide, dislocation, and other kinds of violence. Currently, citizens of Native nations are a vibrant part of what makes the United States so beautiful.
This challenge is meant to:
- break concepts into small and digestible goals
- empower you to use your voice and influence to create situations for personal growth
- provide tangible actions to help build a more just future
How to use this challenge
Based on the work of Dr. Eddie Moore, Jr., the 21 Day Racial Equity Indigenous Challenge is an opportunity to deepen your understanding of equity issues facing Native people.
- Each day read, watch, or listen to the information scheduled for that day.
- The challenge can be completed alone or in a group.
- Each day focuses on a specific topic such as structural racism, allyship, or the origins of race.