Your Path to Success
Each year, you'll learn more and get more out of your education with USC Connect.
Choosing your experiences, then sharing them, can ultimately lead to Graduation with Leadership Distinction, as well as a more well-rounded education and advantages when it's time to apply to graduate school or start your career.
Choose the best experiences
- Search the database to find opportunities
- Talk with people who can help: adviser, faculty, peer leader, leadership or career coaches
- Go to a meeting of a student organization that interests you
- Participate in a Service Saturday or Diversity Dialogue
- Attend opportunity fairs: Get Connected, Study Abroad and more
- Checkout the Study Abroad Student Blogs
Engage more deeply and document your involvement
- Attend welcome back events to re-engage with campus
- Engage in fewer types of experiences so that you can dig deeper
- Attend workshops to learn about funding opportunities (study abroad, internships, research)
- Document what you are doing in class and beyond by uploading pictures, videos, papers and presentations (Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud)
Reflect. Share. Adapt.
- As you continue to be engaged and document your work, think carefully about what you
have been doing and why it is important to you
- What has been most valuable?
- How do your activities relate to your future goals?
- Take opportunities to lead in your areas of interest
- Meet with a coach in the Career Center
- Visit Discover USC to see what others are presenting
- Complete the orientation for Graduation with Leadership Distinction and think about how you can fit UNIV 401 or a similar seminar into your senior year
Plan your future
- Learn to tell your story. Be ready for job interviews and graduate school applications
- Take UNIV 401 (or major specific seminar) to help you articulate how your educational experiences have prepared you for the future
- Participate in a Mock Interview in the Career Center
- Present at Discover USC
- Complete requirements for Graduation with Leadership Distinction