CAS Return to the Workplace Transition
On Friday evening, March 5, Governor Henry McMaster issued Executive Order 2021-12 directing all state agencies, including the University of South Carolina, to "immediately expedite the transition back to normal operations."
Most administrative personnel and staff will return to the campus workplace during the week of March 15, 2021. Employees who meet certain exceptions may be approved to return on an extended timeline. Employees who believe they qualify for one of these exceptions should coordinate with their supervisor to initiate the approval process.
The university granted remote work extensions through April 17, 2020 to employees who were personally at increased risk of severe illness from the virus that causes COVID-19 and intended to voluntarily receive the vaccine.
Recognizing that full protection occurs two weeks after final vaccination, the university will allow employees who have begun or completed the vaccination process the option to remain telecommuting until full efficacy has been reached.
A copy of the CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card must accompany this request.
All faculty, staff and student employees should complete a UofSC Universal Health Attestation Form. The Universal Health Attestation eForm allows employees to commit to daily self-monitoring
of COVID-19 symptoms. Effective immediately, the Universal Health Attestation eForm replaces the Daily COVID-19
Health Screening Form. The form only needs to be completed one time.
- Universal Health Attestation Form
- UofSC DoIT Instructions: Universal Health Attestation Form
- For technical issues with the eForm, please contact the UofSC IT Service Desk at 803-777-1800 or place a ticket with the Help Desk.
- For all other questions, please contact your Unit HR contact or email email@example.com.
Unit HR contacts should continue to submit the Daily COVID-19 Census Report to CAS HR Office by 10:00 a.m. each day. Please note that all unit employees must be included in the daily census reports.
CAS Academic Resources
Resources for college academic units and faculty, staff and students related to the COVID-19 Coronavirus outbreak.
To help faculty navigate the challenges of teaching in the classroom during to the current pandemic, the Faculty Welfare Committee and the Committee on Scholastic Standards and Petitions, in conjunction with others across campus, have developed a website to provide guidance to faculty about COVID-19 and the Classroom.
The Office of the Provost has created the Keep Teaching website to provide support and assistance to instructors who are converting courses currently taught in-person to online. Information includes:
- Preparing for course disruptions
- Communicating with your students
- Teaching remotely: Tips, tools and resources
- Blackboard basics
- Individual and group assistance
- COVID-19 and the Classroom
- Uof SC Office of Vice President for Research guidance regarding on-campus research activities
The university has suspended all university-sponsored or affiliated travel, both domestic and international. Please visit the UofSC COVID-19 Faculty and Staff Information website for updated information.
CAS Mission Critical Travel Request Process
Approval for mission critical travel by college faculty and staff, or by a non-employee visitor sponsored by a college unit, may be requested using the process below:
- A departmental memo should be sent through the Unit Budget Manager to the CAS Budget Contact at least ten (10) business days prior to the date of travel. Blanket travel requests
will not be approved.
- The memo should include:
- Traveler’s name
- Dates and location of the travel
- Estimated cost and source of funds (the full accounting chartstring) for the travel
- Detailed explanation of why the travel is mission critical
- Approval signature of the unit chair/director
- If the traveler is a non-employee visitor coming to campus, please note that a copy of the approved SOCR application should also be attached to the departmental memo.
- The CAS Budget Contact will review the memo and then route it through the appropriate university channels for approval.
- If approved, theCAS Budget Contact will forward the approval documentation (the request
memo with the Dean’s signature and the approval email from the Travel Office) to the
Unit Budget Manager.
- Please note: The Travel Office approval MUST be uploaded as an attachment to the TA and/or Expense Report. The Travel Office will NOT approve without it.
- It is also recommended that the Dean's approval is uploaded for reference.
Email questions to the Office of the Dean staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.