Digital signs are efficient and effective ways to spread the word about news and events. The College of Arts and Sciences digital signs are 42-inch monitors strategically placed throughout the college's buildings for maximum visibility.
Digital display signs in Arts & Sciences are college resources set up to promote college-specific events and official university-level announcements. Due to the limited nature of alternating signs, we cannot accommodate requests from other non-CAS departments and organizations.
Guidelines for signs
- Before you create a sign, consider the following.
- Digital signs are like billboards. You have only a few seconds to get your message across before viewers walk on, or the slide changes.
- Keep words to a minimum.
Signage may be better for generating awareness than prompting action.
- If you need to direct viewers online, submit a short URL request to make the URL readable.
- Signs apply broadly. They usually should not be used to advertise one specific course, for example, due to the great many courses available within the college.
- The university's brand guidelines must he followed.
- Use an image to make your slide stand out.
- Please have at least one other person in your department proofread your slide before you submit it.
Design Specifications & Templates
Consider using the university's digital display templates to design your slide. Otherwise, you can design your own slide adhering to the following standards:
- 1920 x 1080 pixels for design size
- Up to 96 dpi is now accepted for quality
- Files can be saved up to 700k
- Files must be saved as .jpeg
- Observe the university's color palette