Wednesday, April 21
Hi Arts and Sciences social team, 👋
Next Wednesday (April 21) is Give 4 Garnet, the University of South Carolina’s give day. It’s all about reaching as many donors as possible, and every gift makes a big impact. We’re asking you to help us spread the word to alumni and friends and encourage them to support scholarships in the College of Arts and Sciences.
Here is how you can help.
- Use your unit social media accounts to let people know about Give 4 Garnet. Use the hashtag #Give4Garnet.
- Ask your colleagues who have social media connections with alumni to consider posting at least once or twice to invite their followers to give.
- If you’d like, register as an official social media ambassador.
But what do you share? Here are a few suggestions.
- Share the college’s posts. We are posting several times over the next week, including videos we’ve collected from students and a few faculty members. That’s an easy way to spread the message.
- Share the impact of scholarships. This can be a personal note about seeing students succeed, or you could even feature a student in your unit talking about how scholarships benefit them.
- Record a video of your own. This video by Claudia Benitez-Nelson demonstrates a great message and can serve as a guide.
- Visit the Social Media Toolkit for some pre-made graphics and sample messages you can share or adapt.
- Always, always, always share this link: https://give4garnet.sc.edu/amb/casG4G. This will lead your audience directly to the Arts and Sciences giving page to support our Carolina Fund, allowing us to support our students.
- If you wish, you can sign up to be a social media ambassador yourself and create your own link. Instructions are at this page. But when you create your link, please be sure to select “College of Arts and Sciences” as the destination for your link.
Spurs up! 🤙