Application Process & Procedures
The Scholarship Timeline is published by Marine Corps Recruiting Command, which convenes three scholarship boards a year. Contact the Assistant Marine Officer Instructor to find out the exact date packages are due to the Marine Officer Instructor for endorsement.
Packages are due to the AMOI on the following dates:
- 1 September
- 15 January
- 1 June
To be Competitive for a Scholarship you need the following:
- PHYSICAL: Applicant must score a 1st Class on the Marine Corps PFT. Minimum score required to apply is 225. Historical benchmark for freshman to be awarded is 260. Sophomores and Juniors is 285.
- ACADEMIC: Maintain a Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher. (Note: Competition is stiff; the higher your GPA, the better your chances.) Historically, the benchmark for awardees is a 3.2.
- CHARACTER: Applicant must demonstrate the potential to serve as a Commissioned Officer in the Marine Corps by doing the following:
- Satisfactory performance at "Semper Fi" PT.
- Proper attendance and participation in all Battalion functions. If you do not participate, you will not receive a favorable endorsement from the MOI.
- Military Appearance; Maintain proper height and weight standards; Haircut once a week; Proper shave; Proper wear of the uniform.
Your Scholarship Application must include all of the following:
- Cover Letter [doc]: Request from Applicant to Commanding General Marine Corps Recruiting Command.
- Official College Transcripts: You will be required to include all college transcripts as Enclosure (1).
- Information Sheet [doc]: This form will be included as Enclosure (2).
- ARMS Form 1533/63 [doc]: This form will require additional instructions that can be found at ARMS Instructions [pdf]
- ARMS Continuation Sheet [doc]: This letter is used when an applicant answers yes to any question on the ARMS Form 1533/63.
- Photograph Enclosure Sheet [doc]: The AMOI will assist you in taking the Digital Photo. You will need to wear your Khaki uniform.
- OCS Bulldog Statement of Understanding [doc]: This form states that you understand you will be required to attend OCS after completing your junior year of college.
REMEMBER: PAIN IS TEMPORARY. . . PRIDE IS FOREVER!
Once you have your package completed, give it to the AMOI to be checked for accuracy. Once the AMOI has reviewed your application, you will need to schedule an appointment with the MOI in order to receive an endorsement.