In Spring 2022, the School of Information Science began rotating our required core courses. The six required core courses for the MLIS degree are:
- ISCI 701 – Ethics, Values, and Foundational Principles of Library and Information Science Professions
- ISCI 702 – Community Engagement and Service
- ISCI 703 – Reference and Instruction
- ISCI 704 – Leadership in Information Organizations
- ISCI 705 – Research Design and Evaluation
- ISCI 706 – Information Organization and Access
Please refer to rotation schedule below and to advising emails from your advisor/their provided advising materials for up-to-date information regarding required courses, schedule information, and course offerings. Any information that lists alternate core courses is no longer accurate.
The core course rotation will follow the pattern below:
|Summer 2023||Fall 2023||Spring 2024||Summer 2024||Fall 2024||Spring 2025|
*This rotation is subject to change based on student needs, faculty availability, and iSchool requirements.