Study abroad can be a life-changing college experience that broadens students' perspectives and inspires them to dream big. But because of its high cost, it's not feasible for every student — until now.
The College of Information and Communications has officially launched a low-cost, high-impact study abroad option that eliminates the nearly $2,000 program fee — a huge financial obstacle for many of our students. Beginning summer 2022, our majors can earn six hours toward graduating while studying for a month in Barcelona, Spain — one of the world's most cosmopolitan cities. They'll pay for tuition (at the in-state rate) and the flight there, but we'll cover the rest.
Why? Because alumni tell us they want to hire students with a global perspective. Investing in these kinds of experiences gives our students a leg up in the job market. No other college at the university — or in the country, for that matter — can offer this valuable opportunity. Talk to your advisor today!
Advantages this program offers:
- No program fees (a $2,000 savings, paid by the CIC).
- Four weeks abroad in Spain.
- Two CIC classes totaling six hours of credit.
- Classes are taught by two CIC faculty.
- No prerequisites or experience required for classes.
- Scholarships of $1,000-$1,500 are available.