We are happy to assist you and to share our love of books and reading. We have instituted the following procedures to ensure the safety and welfare of our faculty, staff, students, and YOU.
What we are doing
- Requiring face coverings be worn in the center.
- Practicing social distancing.
- Requesting that you call 803-777-2256 to make an appointment to visit the center.
- Delivering materials curbside by appointment.
- Limiting browsing time to 30 minutes per guest.
- Extending the length of time that items may be checked out; you now have three weeks.
- Isolating all returned materials for a minimum of 72 hours prior to recirculating them into the collection.
- Designating a restroom for guests.
- Regularly cleaning our facilities and hard surfaces including, tabletops, door handles, light switches, etc., based on CDC guidelines.
What you can do
- Stay home if you aren’t feeling well.
- Please enter the center on the Senate Street side of the building.
- Call ahead if you need reasonable accommodations or one-on-one assistance.
- Use the following QR code below to search the catalog.
- Ask a staff member to retrieve materials and check them out for you.
- Inform a staff member when you are done in your workspace so that we can immediately sanitize the area.
- Please exit the center on the Bull Street side of the building.
- Follow us on social media @UofSCLiteracy to check for any new or additional information.
- Call 803-777-2256 or email, firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions