Faculty and Staff
Benjamin Miedema , Ph.D.
|Title:||Clinical Assistant Professor
College of Education
- B.S., Kinesiology – Pedagogy, Adapted Physical Education, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
- M.S., Secondary Education – Teacher Induction, California State University, Fullerton
- Ph.D., Kinesiology – Physical Education Teacher Education, Auburn University
Ben Miedema is a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Physical Education. Miedema has over eight years of public school teaching experience in grades PK-Adult. He served as the gross motor expert on child find evaluation teams for 3 years and provided direct and consultative Adapted Physical Education services to students with IEP’s. Miedema currently works with several state advocacy organizations to help advance the opportunities for individuals with disability with access to physical activity and sport. He has also served on the revision committee for the South Carolina Physical Education Standards and works with the state department of education and school districts in providing professional development to current elementary and secondary physical education teachers.
Research Interests/Areas of Expertise
- Student and parent perceptions of special education gross motor services
- Adapted/Inclusive Physical Education