- The Registration Fee must be received in order for the student's application to be
considered. Registration fees are:
- Rising Freshmen $75
- Rising Sophomores $125
- Rising Juniors $125
- Rising Seniors $125
- The Workshops are all-expense-paid (except spending money), courtesy of the sponsoring corporations.
- If a school sends a check on behalf of students, please enclose a listing of the students covered by the check. This will be fully refunded if the student is not accepted.
- A limited number of grants are available (at the request of the counselor), to those students who are financially unable to secure the registration fee.
In order to fulfill the nomination criteria for participating in the workshop students must:
- Be a minority (African American, Native American or Hispanic)
- Be a rising 9th through 12th grader
- Have a minimum overall (B) grade-point average (a few exceptions will be made for underachievers with extremely high potential)
New Students ONLY - Apply
Applications are due April 15, 2021. A completed application must include:
- The completed Partners for Minorities in Engineering and Computer Science Application Form for:
2. The completed School Nomination Form, completed by a school representative. Send this link to a school counselor or teacher for completion.
3. A current transcript or report card that includes grades from the current school year, mailed to Brian McCaster*
4. The registration fee, payable to PMECS (This will be returned if the student is not accepted into the program) mailed to Brian McCaster*
5. OPTIONAL: Mail any letters of recommendation which you would like to include to Brian McCaster*
University of South Carolina
301 Main street
1A10F Swearingen Center
Columbia, SC 29208