- The Registration Fee of $75 for rising freshmen, $125 for sophomores, juniors and seniors, must be received in order for the student's application to be considered.
- The Workshops are all-expense-paid (except spending money), courtesy of the sponsoring corporations.
- If a school sends a check on behalf of students, please enclose a listing of the students covered by the check. This will be fully refunded if the student is not accepted.
- A limited number of grants are available (at the request of the counselor), to those students who are financially unable to secure the registration fee.
In order to fulfill the nomination criteria for participating in the workshop students must:
- Be a minority (African American, Native American or Hispanic)
- Be a rising 9th through 12th grader
- Have a minimum overall (B) grade-point average (a few exceptions will be made for underachievers with extremely high potential)
New Students ONLY - Apply
The application below is for New Students ONLY. Returning PMECS participants should contact Angelia Hawes, email@example.com, 803-429-3489. New Student Applications are due April 13, 2022. A completed application must include:
- The completed Partners for Minorities in Engineering and Computer Science New Student Application Form
- The completed School Nomination Form, completed by a school representative. Send this link to a school counselor or teacher for completion.
- A current transcript or report card that includes grades from the current school year, mailed to Brian McCaster*
- The registration fee, payable to PMECS (This will be returned if the student is not accepted into the program) mailed to Brian McCaster*
- OPTIONAL: Mail any letters of recommendation which you would like to include to Brian McCaster*
University of South Carolina
301 Main street
Student Services, 1A10F
Columbia, SC 29208