Faculty and Staff
Gabriel A. Terejanu
|Title:||Assistant Professor, Acting Qualifier Exam Committee Chair, Computer Science & Engineering
|College of Engineering and Computing|
|Office:||Room 2209, Storey Innovation Center|
- Postdoc, University of Texas at Austin (2012)
- Ph.D., State University of New York, Buffalo (2010)
- M.S., State University of New York, Buffalo (2007)
- B.Eng./M.Eng., University of Craiova, Romania (2004)
Dr. Terejanu's research interests lie primarily in the field of model validation and uncertainty quantification, information fusion, and decision making under uncertainty. These include topics such as:
- Bayesian inference and model validation of complex physical systems, including optimal experimental design using information theoretic concepts.
- Improving the decision making under uncertainty using accurate uncertainty representations and goal-oriented propagation of uncertainty through computational models.
- Near-real time data assimilation with applications to spacecraft attitude estimation and evolution of toxic clouds in air as result of chemical and biological releases.
- Applications of machine learning concepts to reduce the dimensionality of complex uncertainty quantification problems.