Faculty and Staff
|Title:||Research Assistant Professor of Engineering Education
|Department:||Civil and Environmental Engineering
College of Engineering and Computing
Ph.D. Science Education, University of Central Florida (UCF), 2017
M.S. Industrial Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 2010
B.Sc. Civil Engineering, University of Tabriz, 2004
- Engineering student wellness and mental health
- Retention of engineering students from underrepresented groups
- Engineering student interactions with peers and faculty
- System thinking and System analysis
- Generational Family Patterns, and Engineering Entry and Persistence: A Bowen Family Systems Approach, NSF, Role: PI, $350,000, (10/1/22 – 9/30/25)
- Integrating Scholarships, Academic Assistance, Professional Development, and Wellness to Increase Undergraduate Retention in Engineering and Computing, NSF, Role: Co-PI, $998,243.00, (6/1/2020 – 5/31/2025)
- ENCP 789 – Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management (Spring 2020)
- ECIV 707 – Management of Engineering Projects (Spring 2019)
Madani, K., Farhidi, F., & Gholizadeh, S. (2022). Bargaining Power in Cooperative Resource Allocations Games. Algorithms, 15(12), 445.
Gholizadeh, S. (2017). Socialization of Engineering Doctoral Students in the US: A Phenomenological Study.
Madani, K., Rouhani, O. M., Mirchi, A., & Gholizadeh, S. (2014). A negotiation support system for resolving an international trans-boundary natural resource conflict. Environmental modelling & software, 51, 240-249.
Madani, K., & Gholizadeh, S. (2011). Game theory insights for the Caspian Sea conflict. In World Environmental and Water Resources Congress 2011: Bearing Knowledge for Sustainability (pp. 2815-2819).
Madani, K., & Gholizadeh, S. (2011, December). Bargaining over an international water resource based on cooperative game theory concepts. In AGU Fall Meeting Abstracts (Vol. 2011, pp. PA31A-04).
Rouhani, O. M., Madani, K., & Gholizadeh, S. (2010). Caspian Sea negotiation support system. In World Environmental and Water Resources Congress 2010: Challenges of Change (pp. 2694-2702).