The Grad Cohort podcast series is a part of the inclusive education initiative for graduate diversity at UofSC. In this series, graduate students engage in critical conversations about issues of justice, equity and inclusion. Each semester, a graduate level course takes on the podcast series as a final project and the students in the course develop, facilitate/host, and record episodes based on the course topic. This initiative is a partnership with the Center for Innovation in Higher Education located within the College of Education.
Series one of the podcast, titled “The Woke Educator: Exploring Anti-Blackness in Higher Education”, includes eight episodes and an introduction from Toby S. Jenkins, the Graduate School Interim Associate Dean for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
The Grad Cohort Podcast Series
- Series I Introduction
- Episode 1: From COVID to HESA: Reflections on 2020
Featuring Kirby, Caitlyn, & Angela
- Episode 2: How Policies Perpetuate Systemic Racism in K-12 and Higher Ed
Featuring Quin, Mikayla & Rachel
- Episode 3: Let’s Thrive, Not Survive: A Reflection on the Presence of Racisim in Educational
Featuring Ailie, Isaac & Rachel
- Episode 4: Setting Up Black Students to Fail: Unmasking Performative Allyship in Higher
Featuring Bri, Courtney, & Jessica
- Episode 5: Criminalization to Humanization
Featuring Paige, Artem, & Amy
- Episode 6: How the Education System Failed Me
Featuring Kati, Jasmine, & Matt
- Episode 7: “Now You Know” Mass Incarceration and Prison Pipelines in School Systems
Featuring Sheila, Ellen, & Michael
- Episode 8: A Space at the Table: Women and Their Whiteness
Featuring Alana, Victoria, & Kayla
Access the podcast at the Grad Cohort podcast series website.