9 – 12 Certification
- Major: English
- Degree: Master of Arts in Teaching
- School/College: Interdisciplinary
See the program curriculum and learn about admission.
Ready to apply? Take note of any deadlines and documents required for this degree program.
- GRE, MAT or Praxis II Content Exam Score (Praxis English Language Arts: Content & Analysis - test code: 5039, minimum Praxis II score is 168)
- M.A.T. English Application Supplement
- Official Transcripts
- Personal Statement
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Writing Sample (essay written in academic prose, preferably a paper submitted for an upper level English course)
Applications Accepted for These Semesters...
- Fall Semester
A Note from the Program
The Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) English-Secondary Education degree program leads to initial teacher certification.