- Major: Social Studies
- Degree: Master of Arts in Teaching
- School/College: Interdisciplinary
See the program curriculum and learn about admission.
Ready to apply? Take note of any deadlines and documents required for this degree program.
Summer and Fall Application Deadline: March 1
Spring Application Deadline: October 15
- Graduate Record Exam, Miller Analogies Test, or Minimum Score of 153 in Praxis II Content Exam in Social Studies: Content & Interpretation (Test Code: 5086)
- Official Transcripts
- Personal Statement
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- M.A.T Social Studies Application Supplement
Applications Accepted for These Semesters...
- Fall Semester
- Spring Semester
- Summer Semester
Area of Concentration
- Social Studies
A Note from the Program
The Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) in Social Studies-Secondary Education program leads to initial teacher certification.