$250, given to two graduate students with exceptional dissertations.
As chosen by CGS/ProQuest
- Mathematics, Physical Sciences and Engineering
- Social Sciences
Nomination for the CGS/ProQuest Distinguished Dissertation Award
Both USC winners will be nominated for the CGS/ProQuest Distinguished Dissertation Award
Nominees should have:
- Completed dissertations that make a significant contribution to their discipline.
- Been awarded a doctoral degree or completed doctoral degree requirements between July 1, 2018 and June 30, 2020.
As part of the nomination packet, Graduate Directors will be required to submit:
1. Abstract of the Nominee's Dissertation
Not to exceed 10 double-spaced pages. All pages should be numbered and should bear the name of the nominee. (Appendices containing nontextual material, such as charts or tables, may be included as additional pages.)
2. Three Letters of Recommendation
Should evaluate the significance and quality of the nominee's dissertation work.
- One letter from the nominee’s dissertation supervisor
- One letter from a member of the nominee’s dissertation committee
- One letter from a person of the nominee’s choice
Letters of recommendation should evaluate the significance and quality of the nominee’s dissertation work.
3. Nominee's CV
Not to exceed five pages.
Max Number of Nominees
Programs may only nominate one candidate.
April 15, 2020