- Colleges and Schools
- College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management
- Faculty and Staff
- Susan M. Reeves C.P.A., M.B.A.
Faculty and Staff
Susan M. Reeves, C.P.A., MBA
College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management
MBA, University of South Carolina, Columbia, S.C.
B.S., University of South Carolina, Columbia, S.C.
Susan M. Reeves, senior instructor, received her MBA from the University of South Carolina. While a student at UofSC, Reeves was inducted into numerous academic honor societies including Phi Beta Kappa and Beta Gamma Sigma. She has taught Principles of Accounting at UofSC since she was a graduate student. After graduating, she continued to teach on a part-time basis while working as a corporate accountant in the insurance industry. She joined the faculty on a full-time basis in 1985.
Reeves has been a certified public accountant since 1984. In addition to the Functional Accounting I and II courses, Reeves also teaches Computerized Accounting for Business Educators, which has recently been developed as an online course. She has done numerous presentations and workshops both locally and nationally using computerized accounting software such as QuickBooks Pro and Peachtree Accounting.
Honors and awards
- College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management Distinguished Teacher of the Year Award, 2004
- South Carolina Business Education Association Teacher Educator of the Year, 1998
- College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management Distinguished Teacher of the Year Award, 1992
- RETL 261 – Functional Accounting I
- RETL 262 – Functional Accounting II
- RETL 371 – Advanced Retail Accounting
- TSTM 760 – Computerized Accounting for Business Educators
These topics presented at numerous conventions:
- QuickBooks Pro Accounting – Introduction
- QuickBooks Pro Accounting – Receivables and Payables
- Peachtree Accounting – Introduction
- National Business Education Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Reeves consults numerous clients on accounting and tax-related issues.