- Colleges and Schools
- College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management
- Faculty and Staff
- Christina Budd Sayers, M.S.
Faculty and Staff
Christina Sayers, M.S.
|Title:||International Internship Manager and Instructor
|College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management|
|LinkedIn:||My LinkedIn profile|
|Resources:||International student internship program|
M.S., International Relations & Global Studies, Northeastern University, Boston, Mass.,
B.A., International & Cultural Studies, The University of Tampa, Tampa, Fla., 2013
Christina Sayers is the international internship manager and an instructor for the College of HRSM. Sayers is responsible for the development and implementation of the International Non-Degree Training Program (INDTP), which allows international students to spend a semester abroad at UofSC, followed by a paid internship. Sayers facilitates the immigration process and ensures the program adheres to all federal, state and university regulations. Sayers also oversees the matriculation process and places international students in internships that match their interests.
In addition to the INDTP, Sayers assists with overseeing the HRSM international students, study abroad, faculty-led programs, international internships, virtual faculty collaboration, international contracts, immigration and developing global learning experiences (virtual study abroad programming). Sayers practices global outreach by recruiting new students, building a pipeline of partnership universities, hosting foreign delegations, and drafting legal documents, including MOUs and DEAs. She also serves as the advisor for the HRSM Global Community Club.
Sayers has more than 12 years of international relations experience and has lived and worked in several countries including Japan, Germany, Italy, Costa Rica and Austria. She is passionate about assisting international students and the internationalization of UofSC. Sayers enjoys learning about the world not only by traveling, but by getting to know the unique and vibrant international students at UofSC. Prior to working for UofSC, Sayers worked as a study abroad advisor for IES Abroad in Vienna, Austria. Beforehand, Sayers spent six years working in the retail industry for Lilly Pulitzer.
- UNIV 101 – The Student in the University
- HRSM 495 – Internship
- RETL 592 / HRTM 590 – Luxury Management in Italy: The Virtual Travel Experience
Student group leadership
HRSM Global Community Club Advisor
Honors and awards
- Sustainability Consultantship, Northeastern University. Consulted for Barilla Pasta, La Marzocco, and Buccelletti Wine Resort in Tuscany, Italy (2016)
- Scholarships recipient:
- International Studies Association. Defended undergraduate thesis at the ISA-South Conference (2013)
- Congress-Bundestag CBYX: Received a scholarship to spend one year abroad in Germany. Interned at the German Congress to promote parliamentary relations between Germany and the USA. Developed a competency in German (2008-2009)
- Michigan State University & Tokyo University of Agriculture: Received a scholarship to conduct comparative freshwater research and gather sustainability data (2007)
- Retailing Awards:
- 100 Million-Dollar Award for significant contributions to overall company sales, Lilly Pulitzer (2013)
- Outstanding Sales Award for highest single sale in corporate history, Lilly Pulitzer (2010)
- F-1 Visa Certification, 2021
- Carolina Intercultural Training, 2019
- LEAD Certificate, University of South Carolina, 2019
- B1 German Certification, University of Vienna, Austria, 2019
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators
- International Studies Association