The historic McCutchen House is open for lunch during the University of South Carolina fall and spring semesters. The students of the School of Hotel, Restaurant, and Tourism Management prepare and serve a four-course luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., Tuesday-Friday.*
*The McCutchen House is closed during UofSC spring break and holidays. Because of the academic requirements of the students to complete assignments, lunch will conclude by 2:00 pm.
New for the New Year
For our valued regular customers, please note a few important updates for McCutchen House coming in Spring 2019:
- McCutchen House is now cashless. Please pay by credit card, debit card or check.
- Lunches are $11.95 + tax
- Reservations: To provide an exceptional learning experience for our students and an exceptional dining experience for our guests, lunch service will be limited to 60 customers. Reservations are highly encouraged.
- Large groups: McCutchen House is able to accommodate groups up to 20 people with an advance reservation.
Bistro lunches are $11.95 + tax per person unless otherwise noted (lunch, beverages, and dessert included). We accept checks, MasterCard, VISA, American Express and Discover.
January 29 to March 8
To Start: Tomato Pie
Appetizer (choose one):
- Soup du Jour
- Spinach Strawberry Salad: Fresh spinach leaves, thinly sliced red onion, strawberries, toasted almonds paired with house-made lemon poppy seed dressing.
- McCutchen House Salad: Chopped iceberg and romaine lettuces mixed with a kale, sprout, and cabbage blend and topped with heirloom cherry tomatoes, diced English cucumbers, toasted sunflower seeds and a shredded Gouda cheese. Served with our house-made red wine vinaigrette.
Entrée (choose one):
- Blackened Salmon: Wild-caught salmon, lightly blackened and topped with pickled red onion; served over a bed of smoked tomato, okra, and corn.
- Steak Diane: Seared center-cut top sirloin tournedos served in a rich cremini mushroom Dijon sauce and set atop Yukon gold mashed potatoes and haricot vert.
- Eggplant Terrine: Potato, eggplant and garden vegetables rolled, sliced and lightly seared. Paired with tri-colored couscous and quinoa; garnished with pickled radish.
- Chicken a la King: Diced chicken breast in a cream-based gravy with mushrooms, bell peppers and pimientos; served in a puff pastry vol-au-vent.
- Chef Walter’s Hot Brown: Our version of a southern staple. Sliced smoked turkey breast layered on sourdough toast points and finished with a locally crafted white cheddar beer sauce, diced tomatoes, and black pepper bacon. Served with house-seasoned fries.
- Special of the Day: Ask your server.
Dessert (choose one):
- Chocolate Walnut Pie
- Mixed Fruit Medley: Topped with vanilla yogurt dressing and granola.
- Mixed Berry Cobbler a la Epworths: Warm mixed berry cobbler topped with Epworth’s vanilla ice cream — supporting Epworth Children’s Home.