The historic McCutchen House is open for lunch during the University of South Carolina fall and spring semesters. The students of the School of Hotel, Restaurant, and Tourism Management prepare and serve a four-course luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Tuesday-Friday.*
One large room, which seats approximately 50 people, and three small rooms, which seat approximately 25 people, are available for private luncheon events.
*The McCutchen House is closed during UofSC spring break and holidays. Because of the academic requirements of the students to complete assignments, lunch will conclude by 2:00 pm.
Starter: Our famous tomato pie
Please select one:
- Spinach salad: Fresh spinach leaves, thinly sliced red onion, mandarin oranges and toasted almonds paired with house-made lemon poppy seed dressing.
- The McCutchen House salad: Chopped iceberg and romaine lettuces mixed with a kale, sprout, and cabbage blend and topped with heirloom cherry tomatoes, diced English cucumbers, toasted sunflower seeds and shredded Gouda cheese. Served with our house-made red wine vinaigrette.
- Caesar salad: Crisp romaine, shaved parmesan cheese, garlic croutons and Caesar dressing.
- Cream of tomato soup: A rich blend of pureed vegetables, tomatoes, chicken stock and cream.
- Soup of the day: Ask your server.
Please select one:
- Blackened salmon: Fresh salmon, lightly blackened and topped with pickled red onion; served on smoked tomato, okra and corn succotash.
- Charleston red rice with shrimp and sausage: A South Carolina tradition with plump coastal shrimp and andouille sausage.
- Smoked brisket: A smoked beef brisket with a light jus, hand sliced and served with salt-roasted fingerling sweet potatoes and spinach casserole.
- Mushroom ravioli: Roasted portabella and cremini mushroom ravioli stuffed with mozzarella, parmesan, and roasted garlic tossed in an Asiago cream sauce. Served with garlic bread.
- Chef Walter’s hot brown: Our version of a southern staple. Sliced smoked turkey breast, layered on sour dough toast points and finished with a local crafted white cheddar beer sauce, diced tomatoes, and black pepper bacon. Served with raw fries.
- Special of the Day: Ask your server
- McCutchen's famous chocolate walnut pie
- Epworth peanut butter ice cream and vanilla pudding: Epworth Children's Home crafts delicious peanut butter ice cream. Served atop our old-fashioned warm vanilla bread pudding.
- Mixed fruit medley: Topped with vanilla yogurt dressing and granola.
- Freshly brewed sweetened or unsweetened tea
- Pink lemonade
- Diet Coke®
$12.00 per person unless otherwise noted (lunch, beverages, desserts, and tax included). We accept cash, checks, MasterCard, VISA, American Express and Discover.
All meals this semester feature our famous tomato pie, soup or salad, plated entrée and dessert.