McCutchen House opens for fall 2019 bistro lunch dining on Thursday, August 29.
Now taking reservations at 803-777-4450.
The historic McCutchen House is open for lunch during the University of South Carolina fall and spring semesters from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m Tuesday through Friday.*
The restaurant is an applied learning laboratory where students studying in the School of Hotel, Restaurant, and Tourism Management learn to manage a full-service restaurant. In addition to enjoying great food, guests have the opportunity to help students advance their knowledge and skills by providing valuable feedback on the hospitality and service.
*The McCutchen House is closed during UofSC school holidays. Due to students' academic requirements, lunch concludes by 2:00 pm.
Fall Bistro Dining Menus
- Our Famous Tomato Pie
- Bread with Herbed Butter
Choice of Soup or Salad:
- McCutchen House Salad Freshly-chopped romaine and a hearty spring mix blend, ripe tomato, cucumber, thinly-sliced
red onion, sunflower seeds and shredded cheese.
Dressings: house, ranch, balsamic or oil & vinegar. All dressings are house made.
- Soup of the Day Prepared daily. Ask your server for the day's selection.
- Reuben Sandwich An American classic: Hot, sliced corned beef paired with sauerkraut, Swiss cheese and 1000 island dressing and placed between two slices of grilled marble rye. Served with a pickle spear and seasoned fries.
- McCutchen House Power Bowl Our vegetarian and gluten-free option, this nutrient-packed bowl is a seasoned quinoa-rice blend paired with roasted vegetables, topped with a grilled portobello mushroom cap, drizzled with a balsamic reduction.
- Flat Iron Steak Plate A marinated 6 oz flat iron steak grilled and topped with a zesty, house-made chimichurri sauce. Served with roasted rosemary potatoes and vegetable of the day.
- Rainbow Trout Delicate trout dusted with seasoned flour, baked and paired with a freshly made basil beurre blanc sauce. Served with a seasoned quinoa-rice blend and vegetable of the day.
- Chicken Scaloppini Thin, lightly-breaded white meat chicken sautéed with shallots, garlic, fresh spinach, artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes. Finished in a wine-lemon cream sauce with farfalle pasta.
- Signature Chocolate Walnut Pie and local Epworth Children’s Home vanilla ice cream are our staple desserts.
- Fruit Medley with vanilla yogurt and granola.
- Other desserts vary regularly.
- Freshly-brewed sweetened or unsweetened tea and coffee
- Pink lemonade
- Coke® Diet Coke® Sprite®
For our valued customers, please note:
- McCutchen House is cashless. Please pay by credit card, debit card or check. We accept checks, MasterCard, VISA, American Express and Discover.
- Lunches are $11.95 + tax per person unless otherwise noted (lunch, beverages, and dessert included).
- Reservations: To provide an exceptional learning experience for our students and an exceptional dining experience for our guests, lunch service will be limited to 60 customers. Reservations are highly encouraged.
- Large groups: McCutchen House is able to accommodate groups up to 20 people with an advance reservation.
- McCutchen House servers aren’t able to accept tips, but if you would like to support our students, please visit sc.edu/hrsm/give.
- We proudly use 100% GMO-free peanut oil for all fried items.
McCutchen House will be closed on the
- Thursday, September 19 (Career Fair)
- Friday, September 27 (Open only to HRSM families and their students during Family Weekend. Register for this event on the Family Weekend website.)
- Thursday and Friday, October 10–11 (Fall Break)
- Friday, November 1 (HRSM Alumni Homecoming Party)
- Wednesday – Friday, November 27–29 (Thanksgiving holiday)