The historic McCutchen House is open for lunch during the University of South Carolina fall and spring semesters. The students of the School of Hotel, Restaurant, and Tourism Management prepare and serve a four-course luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., Tuesday-Friday.*
*The McCutchen House is closed during UofSC spring break and holidays. Because of the academic requirements of the students to complete assignments, lunch will conclude by 2:00 pm.
McCutchen House Bistro's last day of lunch service for the semester is
New for the New Year
For our valued regular customers, please note a few important updates for McCutchen House coming in Spring 2019:
- McCutchen House is now cashless. Please pay by credit card, debit card or check.
- Lunches are $11.95 + tax
- Reservations: To provide an exceptional learning experience for our students and an exceptional dining experience for our guests, lunch service will be limited to 60 customers. Reservations are highly encouraged.
- Large groups: McCutchen House is able to accommodate groups up to 20 people with an advance reservation.
Bistro lunches are $11.95 + tax per person unless otherwise noted (lunch, beverages, and dessert included). We accept checks, MasterCard, VISA, American Express and Discover.
March 19-April 26
To Start: Tomato Pie
Appetizer (choose one):
- Soup du Jour
- McCutchen House Salad: Chopped iceberg and romaine lettuces mixed with a kale, sprout, and cabbage blend and topped with heirloom cherry tomatoes, diced English cucumbers, toasted sunflower seeds and a shredded Gouda cheese. Served with our house-made red wine vinaigrette.
- Caesar Salad: Crisp romaine, shaved parmesan cheese, garlic croutons and Caesar dressing.
Entrée (choose one):
- Blackened Salmon: Wild-caught salmon, lightly blackened and topped with pickled red onion; served with wild long-grain rice and herb-butter tossed garden vegetables.
- Pork Loin with Wine Reduction Sauce: A marinated, then roasted pork loin with wine reduction sauce. Served with flavored roasted potatoes and herb-butter tossed garden vegetables.
- McCutchen House Power Bowl: Flavored red quinoa with jasmine rice, yellow squash, red peppers, and seasonal fresh
roasted vegetables topped with a grilled portobello mushroom cap.
Add salmon filet $2
Add grilled chicken $2
- Italian Chicken Roulades: Seared and baked boneless chicken breast rolled with prosciutto ham, fresh sage and fontina cheese with an orange-sage vinaigrette. Served with wild long-grain rice and herb-butter tossed garden vegetables.
- Chef Walter’s Hot Brown: Our version of a southern staple. Sliced smoked turkey breast layered on sourdough toast points and finished with a locally crafted white cheddar beer sauce, diced tomatoes, and black pepper bacon. Served with house-seasoned fries.
- Special of the Day: Ask your server.
Dessert (choose one):
- Chocolate Walnut Pie
- Mixed Fruit Medley: Topped with vanilla yogurt dressing and granola.
- Mixed Fruit Cobbler a la Epworths: Warm mixed fruit cobbler topped with Epworth’s vanilla ice cream — supporting Epworth Children’s Home.
- Freshly-brewed sweetened or unsweetened tea
- Pink lemonade
- Diet Coke