Become a Client
We believe that we are in a unique position to offer South Carolina tourism industry professionals and organizations unparalleled support and resources. In addition to award-winning researchers, our dedicated project coordinator and grant writer allows us to spend our time focused directly on the research at hand, and your unique business needs.
If you think that your organization could benefit from research or training conducted by the center, we'd love to hear from you.
Please contact Dr. Simon Hudson at firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to call 803-777-4290.
Visiting Professor Program
The SmartState Center of Economic Excellence in Tourism and Economic Development welcomes applications from tourism professors wishing to spend a short time in the college of HRSM at the University of South Carolina (USC). The visitation period could last any time between 1-4 weeks, during which we would expect the visitor to be engaged in one or more of the following activities:
- Collaboration on research projects with the center
- Research seminars for both faculty and students
- Mentoring for graduate students
- Guest lectures in the classroom
- Industry networking
- Partnering on grant applications
- Other research/teaching activities agreed between the center and the visitor
We anticipate hosting one or two visitors each year, and our annual budget for the program is $5,000 a year. We therefore expect to be able to pay travel expenses (flight, car rental, accommodation* etc.) up to about $2,500 per visit. We cannot guarantee office space, but we will do our best to provide an office and computer access. Upon mutual agreement of dates and visit agenda, you will be provided an official offer letter that will assist in the attainment of your visa. USC’s International Support for Faculty and Staff office will also provide assistance in this matter.
If you are interested in coming to South Carolina as part of our Visiting Professor program, please contact Dr. Hudson at email@example.com and provide the following information:
- An updated curriculum vitae
- The period in which you would like to visit
- Activities you would prefer to be engaged in from the list above
* Visitors are usually accommodated at the Cliff Apartments in Columbia